- First, complete a quote request form and we will send you a service agreement.
- After signing up for irrigation system maintenance, we will contact you to take care of scheduling.
- In the spring, we will activate your system. We need access to your water line (typically located in the basement) and control panel (typically located in the garage) to complete the service, so our office will contact you to schedule a day and time when an adult can be present to allow access. This service is usually scheduled in April or May, after any risk of freezing and before the hot, dry summer.
- Backflow prevention device inspection is required by St. Louis County, and our technicians will come to test your device. This usually occurs outside the home, so it is not necessary for anyone to be home or schedule a time unless you are otherwise notified. We will report the test to St. Louis County, and you will not need to act unless the device does not pass the inspection. If it does not pass, we will repair the system during the visit at client’s cost if we anticipate the repair will not exceed $100. If we anticipate the repairs will be more expensive, we will contact you to provide a quote or recommendations to update your system.
- In the fall, your system will need our winterization service. We need access to your water line (typically located in the basement) and control panel (typically located in the garage) to complete the service, so our office will contact you to schedule a day and time when an adult can be present to allow access. This is typically done in October but can be done any time before the temperature drops enough to cause freeze damage.
- If you have any leaks or other issues with your system throughout the season, contact our office and we can help schedule a repair visit. We can usually perform repairs and adjustments without anyone home, but if we need access to the control panel, we will schedule a time that works for you, or you can provide us with your garage code so that you don’t have to worry about scheduling.
Lawns and landscapes vary, so the instructions are different for each area. Please visit our blog post for more specific information. If you have additional questions or need to schedule service for your irrigation system, contact our office and we will be happy to help!
Typically, we bill our services monthly. Your cycle can end on the 15th or the last day of the month. Please let our office team know if you have a preference. Our office team personally reviews each invoice before it is sent out, and will send your invoice within a few days of generation.
- We offer several payment options after you receive your invoice:
- If you prepay for the entire season’s maintenance services before March 15th, you will save 5% (contact our office for more details) on your prepaid services.
- You can also contact our office to enroll in automatic bill payments that are processed on your invoice due date.
- You can mail a check to West County Landscaping at 224 Benton St. Valley Park, MO 63088.
- Set up payments through your bank’s bill pay feature, with payments sent to West County Landscaping at 224 Benton St. Valley Park, MO 63088 using your service address as your account number.
- Please do not hand our crews cash or checks while they are at your home as they do not report back to the office each day and cannot turn in your payment.
We send survey emails to better serve you and all our clients. Your feedback assists us in training and addressing concerns promptly to ensure our service is the best it can be! If you do not want to receive these surveys, please contact our office.
Most service agreements specify that we will automatically renew your services on February 1st of each season. Please make sure you notify our office if you move or if your service needs to be changed, so you do not receive unexpected bills for service.
Many of our services are billed at an hourly rate to provide you with fair pricing and high-quality services. Instead of overbidding, we simply charge you for the time it took our team to complete the job and the cost of the materials used. We will have specific pricing information back to you within minutes of any request during business hours, so please fill out a quote request form! If you want a general idea of pricing information, check out our services page to see our rates for specific services.
There are some services that we bill at a flat rate, such as lawn mowing and mulch installation. These prices are personalized specifically to your home so please request a quote.
In early November, we automatically switch from lawn mowing to leaf cleaning services. Let us provide both services for you, and we will take care of the transition to make sure your lawn looks great even in the fall months!
Our leaf cleanup program includes three visits. We schedule the first visit in the first half of November and then schedule the next two visits approximately two weeks apart from there. These visits are usually completed by the end of December but might be extended into the new year if the weather has other plans. Fall weather is tricky, so our leaf cleanup crews may experience delays during periods of wet or windy weather.
During each visit our crew will assess your property to determine which cleanup method will offer you the best value and results. We will blow the leaves to the curbside or mulch them into the turf as appropriate. If we blow the leaves to the curb, we will either leave them for your municipality pickup, or we will schedule our vacuum crew to remove them the following day (if municipality pickup is unavailable). If you are eligible for municipality pickup but prefer that we haul the leaves away, let us know in advance and we can schedule accordingly. The fee for disposal is on our services page.
On the final visit our crew may prune ornamental grasses at their discretion. If you have a specific request that we do or do not prune your ornamental grasses, please let us know in advance so we can communicate your preferences to the crew.
Normally, no we do not let you know what day we will be there. Our team values your time, so we do not require you to be home during our visits. We also strive to avoid creating inconveniences – our schedules change often (sometimes multiple times per day). This poses some difficulty in accurately updating you on exactly what time we will be there. For this reason, we are not always able to give an exact time for your service. However, for our weekly services, we strive to arrive at your property at the same time each week so you can prepare accordingly. If our crew has any questions, we will schedule a time to meet with you. We strive to provide consistent communication to our clients, when possible, but our services are highly weather-dependent so our schedule changes frequently.
We email service reminders when we transition to a new service season, but we are normally unable to let you know in advance of each individual service. Exceptions to this include:
- Some irrigation services and aeration services that require access to the home or advance action on your part.
- Fertilization or pest control services that may impact pets or children. Please let us know in advance if you need special accommodations so we can plan accordingly. Please be aware that if your service schedule changes you may receive updated notifications as appropriate.
For your family’s safety and for our crew’s safety we are unable to service your property if there are any pets or children in the service area.
Our crews are extensively trained in safety practices but using heavy machinery can cause accidents and we don’t want to risk the safety of your family or our crews.
We aim to perform weekly services at around the same time each week, so you can plan accordingly. In addition, our crew will knock on the door to let you know they are there if someone is outside. If you have outdoor pets, let us know and we will try to notify you in advance of service so you can plan accordingly.
Our goal is to be your one-stop-shop for lawn and landscape care. Visit our services page to learn more about what our team can do for your home. Also, contact our office if you are curious about a service that isn’t listed. If we do not specialize in a service you need, we will try to make a recommendation.